Thursday, July 14, 2011

Edmonton World Cup

I have been a bit lazy recently on the blogging front but that is because I have not been up to much. The weekend after Captex I raced in the WCS race in Madrid. I didn't have a good race, hence why I did not write about it. I got sick on the trip over there and ended up dropping out of the race. I hate to drop out of races but on that course there is no room for weakness. Just not my day. I took a week off from training after Madrid for some much needed rest. Amazing what a week can do. It was nice to have some R &R and have some time to do 'normal' stuff like go camping. I am embarrassed to admit that it was my first time officially camping. My boyfriend (Daimo) and I went camping just outside of Estes Park at the Longs Peak camp site. It was beautiful up there! As it was my first time camping we naturally had to roast marshmallows and make s'mores. I'm officially not a camping virgin anymore. (Yay!) 

Fast forward a month and I was on the start line for the Edmonton World Cup. I have never raced in Edmonton so was really excited to be there. The course is awesome except for the swim. The lake was a little gross but from what I have heard they really cleaned it up. Nice big hill on the bike and some technical sections, and then an up and down run course. I had a decent race finishing 13th. I won some prize money, gained a lot of Olympic qualification points, and world ranking points so all in all it was a great weekend. 
LEW_WLP4302.jpg
Off the front on the bike


I flew back to Boulder for two nights and then jumped on a plane to Hamburg, Germany for the next round of the World Cup Series. This is my favorite World Cup so it is great to be back here racing. Even better my parents are flying over to watch me race. I have not seen my mom since Christmas! Long time without seeing Flora= presents for Flora. I hope!! 

That's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment